Here are some tips for Sitters for when they try to land a Sit
- Add photo’s to your profile. Maybe you have photos of yourself/yourselves while on vacation or at work that give Owners an idea of who you are and what you can do.
- If you have experience in the hospitality industry, or other skills that are interesting for Owners (like plumbing, office work, gardening, etc.), make sure to mention this in your description.
- Are you a resident of the country of the Sit, or do you have a work permit for that specific country? Make sure to mention this clearly when you react to an Ad. This tells the owners you are available for the Sit and can consider you as a serious Candidate for the Sit.
- Are you currently in a different country, but have already planned a trip to the specific location and do you have your paper work in order? Make sure the Owner knows this. This makes you a more likely Candidate for the Sit.
- If you are a Couple or a Duo, show the Owners you are a strong and reliable team that won’t part ways during the Sit. Tell the Owners about your shared work experience or travelling adventures and what makes you cope with challenges or stress.
- Like any job, a trial period might be asked by the Owners before starting the Sit. If you are open to this, your chances increase to get the Sit.
Here are some tips for Owners to help find your perfect Sitters:
- When possible, offer your Sitters free housing. Using your own house is advisable because it saves costs, and the rent can be included in wages you offer your Sitters
- Be flexible with your dates, start making plans after finding the perfect Sitter(s) so you can keep in mind the availability of the Sitter(s)
- Offer your Sitters a Salary; hard work should be awarded. Make sure your Sitters have the proper paperwork.
- Add photos of your accommodation and tell a bit about the area where your business is located
- Schedule video calls with your Candidates, which allows you to get to know them better
- For some Sitters a longer Sit might be more interesting. In that case you will have to teach the Sitters everything they need to know about the job so make your time away worth it
For more advice please send us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org