Privacy Statement of Guesthousesitters VOF
January 1, 2019
During the processing of personal data Guesthousesitters VOF works conform the requirements of the applicable data protection legislation, like the General Data Protection Regulation. This means we:
- clearly specify our purposes before we process personal data, by using this privacy statement;
- limit our collection of personal data to only the personal data needed for legitimate purposes;
- first ask for explicit permission to process your personal data in cases where your permission is required;
- take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and we demand the same from parties who process personal data on our behalf;
- respect your right to access, correct or delete your personal data held by us.
Guesthousesitters VOF is the party responsible for all data processing. In this privacy statement, we will explain what kind of personal data we collect and for which purposes within our website www.guesthousesitters.com. We recommend that you read it carefully.
If you have any questions regarding the processing of personal data, you can find the contactdetails of Guesthousesitters VOF at the end of this privacy statement.
Certain features of our service require you to register beforehand. You will have to provide some information about yourself and choose a username and password for the account that we will set up for you.
For this purpose, we use your profile picture, email address, gender and birth date. We need this data because of our agreement with you. We store this information for three months after you closed your account.
We will retain this data so that you do not have to re-enter it every time you visit our website, and in order to contact you in connection with the execution of the agreement, invoicing and payment, and to provide an overview of the products and services you have purchased from us.
You can use our contact form to ask questions or make any request.
For this purpose, we use your email address.. We do this on the basis of your consent. We store this information until we are sure that you are satisfied with our response.
Via www.guesthousesitters.com you can take out a paid subscription. We use your personal data to complete the payment.
For this purpose, we use your birth date, email address, profile picture and gender. We do this on the basis of your consent. We store this information for six months you cancelled your subscription. Certain types of personal data will be retained for a longer period with regards to the legal tax retention..
Providing data to third parties
Except for the parties necessary to deliver the above mentioned services, we do not under any circumstance provide your personal data to other companies or organisations, unless we are required to do so by law (for example, when the police demands access to personal data in case of a suspected crime).
Our website features social media buttons. These buttons are used by the providers of these services to collect your personal data.
We keep statistics on the use of our website, but these are kept anonymous at all times.
The first time you visit our website, we will show you a notification explaining our cookies and ask for your permission for the use of these cookies.
We take security measures to reduce misuse of and unauthorized access to personal data. We take responsibility in the security of your personal data. We renew our security measures to ensure safe storage of personal data and keep track what might go wrong.
Changes to this privacy statement
We reserve the right to modify this statement. We recommend that you consult this statement on a regular basis, so that you remain informed of any changes.
Inspection and modification of your data
You have the following rights:
- Right of access: you have the right to see what kind of personal data we processed about you;
- Right of rectification: you have the right to rectify any personal data we have processed about you, if this information is (partially) wrong;
- Right to complain: you have the right to file a complaint against the processing of your personal data by us, or against direct marketing;
- Right to be forgotten: you can file a request with us to remove any personal data we have processed of you;
- Right to data portability: if technically possible, you have the right to ask us to transfer your processed personal data to a third party;
- Right to restriction of processing: you can file a request with us to (temporarily) restrict the processing of your personal data.
If you exercise any of the rights mentioned above, we might ask to identify yourself with a valid ID, to confirm it is your personal data. If so, it is important that you hide your social security number and photo.
We will usually respond to your request within 30 days. This term can be extended if the request is proven to be complex or tied to a specific right. You will be notified about a possible extension of this term.
If you want to file a complaint about our use of personal data, please send an email with the details of your complaint to email@example.com. We will look into and respond to any complaint we receive.
If you think that we are not helping you in the right way, you have the right to file a complaint at the authority. For The Netherlands, this is the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens.
De Klenckestraat 13
1333SR Almere Nederland